Whether a breast augmentation, breast revision, breast lift or a breast reduction, each procedure is designed to enhance your natural beauty and improve your quality of life. Consulting with Dr. Younai, a board-certified Bakersfield breast augmentation surgeon, can answer all your questions and concerns about breast surgery, guide you through what to expect, and determine which procedure, or combination of procedures, will produce the look and feel that you envision for your breasts.
Adding volume or balancing the female form with a breast augmentation are common reasons for undergoing the procedure, but for some women, the procedure is to rebuild breasts after a mastectomy or trauma. Whether it is to rebalance or rebuild, breast augmentation surgery can create balance in asymmetrical breasts, enhance the size of smaller breasts, and restore confidence in your body and appearance. To achieve the desired look and feel, implants or fat transfer are the two methods of choice.
While implants are available in either saline or silicone gel, within these types there are several shapes and forms to choose from:
- Structured saline
- Form-stable (aka gummy bear implants)
Each type of implant has unique aesthetic qualities. Consult with Dr. Younai to discuss the pros and cons of saline or silicone, so your Bakersfield breast augmentation procedure results in firm, plump, natural-looking breasts that will bring increased pleasure to your life.
Fat transfer is the process of harvesting fat from another part of the body, purifying it, and then injecting it into the breast tissue, a wonderful alternative for women seeking a small increase in breast size without implants. The body easily accepts your own natural fat, and the procedure has the added benefit of slimming love handles, thighs, or other area of the body from which the fat is harvested.
Living life and the changes that come with takes a toll on the body, leaving many women dismayed at the look of saggy, drooping breasts. Several natural events can stretch tissue or reduce breast volume, including:
- Weight loss/gain
To restore the ravages of time and restore the firm, plump, look and feel of your breasts, a breast lift in Bakersfield will restore your silhouette to a natural-looking, youthful appearance.
Mastopexy: Breast Lift
The procedure, called a mastopexy, involves removing the excess skin, lifting the breasts and tightening the surrounding tissue. The repositioning of the nipple and reduction of the areola, if enlarged, can be resolved in the same surgical procedure.
Breast Lift and Breast Augmentation
Consult with a qualified Bakersfield plastic surgeon to discuss breast revision surgery. A breast lift does not increase size of your breasts, so a combined procedure to lift and augment might be appropriate for some patients who have lost volume after breastfeeding or extreme weight loss.
Overly large breasts are a burden, often leading to poor posture, back and neck strain, the potential for emotional distress, and difficulty finding clothing that fits correctly or comfortably. To correct disproportionately large breasts and alleviate discomfort, a mammaplasty (breast reduction) is performed to remove excess fat, tissue and skin, so the breasts are perfectly proportioned. The goal of our breast reduction in Bakersfield is to have your breasts perfectly in balance with the rest of the body.
Gynecomastia: Male Breast Reduction Surgery
Men who have abnormally large breasts, a condition called gynecomastia, can finally achieve relief through undergoing breast reduction surgery, for a masculine, trim, upper chest. The procedure eliminates excess male breast tissue to create a firm, tight contour.
When a breast augmentation has been performed by an under-qualified surgeon, the outcome can be unattractive and embarrassing. A botched surgery can leave implants in the wrong position, too high or too low, or the implants have shifted to the side. Another issue that can arise is called symmastia, when the skin between the implants rises, often referred to as “uniboob.” More commonly, our breast revision in Bakersfield is necessary to correct the following aesthetic or health issues:
- Capsular Contracture: A hardened scar tissue capsule forms around the implant causing pain and creating an unnatural appearance.
- Aging Implants: Breast implants do not last forever, and will eventually need to be replaced. As a rule, plant to replace your breast implants about every ten years. The advantage of replacement is that modern implants are available that appear and feel more natural than many older versions, and you will have even more options in shape, size, and feel.
- Rupture: Due to a fault in the implant, age of implant, or trauma, the implant shell may rupture. Saline implants deflate immediately, but ruptured silicone gel implants may require an MRI to accurately detect a rupture. In either case, breast revision surgery is necessary to resolve the problem
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding: the tissue surrounding an implant shifts during the hormonal changes and breast volume fluctuations of breastfeeding.
- Implant moves out of position: The implant was too large and heavy for a patient with thinner skin or tissue causes the breast to stretch and bottom out, with nipples left in an odd-looking, high position.
Dr. Younai is recognized for his surgical skill, team of professional staff, and for the beautiful outcomes he achieves in performing a range of breast procedures in Bakersfield.