Breast implant removal, also known as explantation surgery, is a surgical procedure designed to remove breast implants. Over time, some women may choose to have their implants removed for various reasons, such as dissatisfaction with the appearance of their breasts, changes in personal preferences, or concerns about the long-term effects of implants. In fact, according to research data, removal rates are between 2.4-17.4%. (1)
At Younai Plastic Surgery, Dr. Sean Younai specializes in breast implant removal surgery and offers comprehensive solutions to address each patient’s unique needs and goals. With years of experience and expertise, Dr. Younai understands the importance of listening to his patients’ concerns and providing personalized guidance throughout the entire process.
If you are considering breast implant removal, contact Younai Plastic Surgery today to schedule a consultation with Dr. Sean Younai. Located in the heart of Beverly Hills, California, you can reach our office by calling (310) 275-1971 or by completing our simple inquiry form.
- 1 Breast Implant Removal: Restoring Natural Beauty and Confidence
- 2 Reasons for Breast Implant Removal
- 3 Benefits of Breast Implant Removal
- 4 Candidates for Breast Implant Removal
- 5 Implant Removal Options
- 6 Personal Consultation
- 7 Surgical Removal of Breast Implants
- 8 Corresponding & Complementary Procedures
- 9 Cost of Breast Implant Removal in Beverly Hills
- 10 References
Breast Implant Removal: Restoring Natural Beauty and Confidence
The decision to undergo breast augmentation is a personal one. It is often driven by the desire to enhance one’s appearance and boost self-confidence. However, as time goes by, some individuals may find that their priorities and preferences change. Whether due to personal reasons or complications arising from breast implants, there is a growing demand for breast implant removal surgery.
At Younai Plastic Surgery we understand the unique needs and concerns of our patients. With years of experience in breast surgery and cosmetic procedures, Dr. Younai has helped countless individuals regain their natural beauty and confidence through breast implant removal surgery.
Reasons for Breast Implant Removal
There are various reasons why someone might consider removing their breast implants. Some common factors include:
- Personal Choice: Personal preferences and changing aesthetic ideals can prompt individuals to opt for breast implant removal. It’s important to feel comfortable and confident in your own body, and if breast implants no longer align with your desired look, removal may be the right choice.
- Complications: While breast augmentation surgery typically yields successful results, complications can arise. Capsular contracture, which occurs when scar tissue forms around the implant, can lead to discomfort, pain, and an unnatural appearance. Other issues such as implant rupture, infection, or asymmetry may also require implant removal.
- Breast Implant Illness: In recent years, there has been increasing awareness of a rare set of symptoms collectively referred to as breast implant illness (BII). Some individuals may experience symptoms such as fatigue, joint pain, cognitive difficulties, and autoimmune-like reactions that they attribute to their breast implants. (2) Explant surgery offers relief from these symptoms by removing the implants and surrounding scar tissue.
Benefits of Breast Implant Removal
Improved Physical Comfort
Many individuals experience discomfort from breast implants, such as pain or pressure on the chest and shoulders. By removing the implants, patients can alleviate these symptoms, allowing for a more comfortable daily life.
Enhanced Body Confidence
For those who no longer wish to have breast implants, their removal can help restore self-esteem and boost body confidence. Embracing a natural look that aligns with personal preferences can lead to a sense of liberation and empowerment.
Breast implant removal eliminates the artificial appearance that implants may create. The breasts can regain a more natural shape and feel, creating a harmonious balance with the rest of the body.
Restored Breast Shape and Symmetry
Over time, breast implants may cause irregularities or asymmetry. Breast implant removal can correct these issues, restoring a balanced and proportionate appearance to the breasts.
Removing breast implants can improve range of motion and flexibility. Engaging in physical activities and exercises becomes easier, without the constraints or limitations imposed by implants.
In rare cases may experience health problems related to breast implants, such as chronic pain, fatigue, or autoimmune issues. Removing the implants can provide relief from these symptoms, allowing for improved overall well-being.
Following breast implant removal, individuals have the opportunity to explore alternative options to achieve desired breast aesthetics. These may include fat transfer or other non-surgical methods, providing a range of customizable choices tailored to individual preferences.
Candidates for Breast Implant Removal
Candidates for breast implant removal surgery may include:
- Individuals who are unhappy with the appearance or feel of their breast implants
- Those experiencing complications related to their implants, such as capsular contracture, implant rupture, or infection
- Women who have undergone significant weight loss or changes in breast size and wish to remove or replace their implants
- Patients seeking revision surgery for breast implants due to aesthetic concerns or dissatisfaction with previous results
Implant Removal Options
Breast implant removal options may include complete removal of the implants, removal with simultaneous breast lift surgery, or replacement with new implants. Dr. Younai will explain the benefits and potential risks associated with each option, allowing the patient to make an informed decision.
For comprehensive and personalized care regarding breast implant removal, contact Younai Plastic Surgery in Beverly Hills or West Hollywood. Schedule a consultation to explore your options and begin your journey towards natural-looking and comfortable breasts.
During your comprehensive and detailed consultation, Dr. Younai will take the time to understand your unique situation, address any concerns you may have, and assess your specific needs. He will begin by reviewing your medical history to ensure that the breast implant removal surgery is suitable for you. This assessment allows him to determine the best approach for your individual case. Factors such as the condition of your breast tissue, the type and size of your implants, and any previous surgeries will be carefully evaluated. Dr. Younai’s expertise and experience will enable him to provide you with expert advice on the most appropriate course of action for achieving your desired outcome.
By meeting with Dr. Younai personally, you will have the opportunity to discuss all aspects of breast implant removal surgery and gain a comprehensive understanding of the procedure.
To schedule your in-person consultation with Dr. Sean Younai at Younai Plastic Surgery in Beverly Hills, California, please contact our office at (310) 275-1971. Our dedicated staff is ready to assist you and answer any questions you may have. If you are unable to visit our office in person, we also offer virtual consultations for your convenience.
Surgical Removal of Breast Implants
Using advanced surgical techniques, Dr. Younai will perform the removal procedure tailored to your specific needs. This may involve making incisions along previous scars or creating new ones, depending on the location and type of implants. Our team will guide you through every step of the implant removal surgery, ensuring your comfort and safety. Dr. Younai will meticulously remove the implants, taking into account any additional procedures, such as addressing asymmetry or correcting sagging skin. To ensure a comprehensive removal, Dr. Younai may perform a total capsulectomy, which involves removing both the implant and the surrounding scar tissue completely.
Corresponding & Complementary Procedures
Breast implant revision, also known as corrective breast surgery, is a surgical procedure performed to address various issues or complications that may arise after a previous breast augmentation procedure. It involves removing or replacing the existing breast implants to achieve the desired aesthetic outcome or correct any problems that have developed over time.
Breast reduction surgery, also known as reduction mammoplasty, is a transformative procedure designed to address the size and volume of the breasts. It is a comprehensive surgical intervention that involves the removal of excess breast tissue, fat, and skin to achieve a more proportionate and balanced breast appearance.
Breast lift surgery, also known as a mastopexy procedure, is a surgical technique designed to address sagging breasts or breast ptosis. Dr. Younai can perform a breast lift after breast implant removal to restore the breast tissue to an aesthetic position on the chest wall.
Cost of Breast Implant Removal in Beverly Hills
The cost of breast implant removal can vary depending on several factors that are unique to each patient. It is important to note that the cost of breast implant removal will be determined by factors such as the complexity of your case, the type of implants being removed, and any additional procedures that may be necessary for optimal results. During your personal consultation with Dr. Younai, he will evaluate your specific needs and provide you with a detailed treatment plan tailored to your goals.
We encourage you to schedule a consultation with Dr. Younai at our Beverly Hills or West Hollywood location by calling (310) 275-1971. During this appointment, we will discuss the cost factors associated with breast implant removal and work with you to create a personalized treatment plan that fits within your budget.
Read our blog for more information about breast procedures.
- Kühn S, Georgijewitsch MA, Wehle A, et al. Implant Replacement or Removal: What Happens after Capsular Contracture? A German Study Examining Breast Implant Revision Surgery and Patient Choices in 946 Cases. Breast Care. 2021;16(4):350-357. doi:https://doi.org/10.1159/000509598
- Kaplan J, Rohrich R. Breast implant illness: a topic in review. Gland Surgery. 2021;10(1):430-443. doi:https://doi.org/10.21037/gs-20-231